December 17, 2014 | No Comments YetTags: amenities, bathrooms, helpful tips, home owner, home upgrades, kitchens, outdoor, real estate, the barrack group
If you’re considering home improvements—or even just adding a few extra touches to freshen up the place—don’t rush the process. A plan is key for any successful remodeling job.
You don’t want to pay for impractical or expensive home improvements that are out of style by the time you have to hang a “For Sale” sign in the yard.
Instead, look for smart, traditional and fashionable upgrades to provide value and aesthetic beauty for years to come.
While you’re looking for upgrades, consider these following tips for remodeling.
- Spacious kitchens with abundant natural light make cooking a pleasure, not a chore.
- Light-colored kitchens can create an illusion of a bigger space.
- Adding a skylight is another way of creating a spacious feel.
- Multiple storage shelves and cabinets plus an extra sink will reduce counter clutter.
- Built-in microwaves, dishwashers, six-burner ranges and convection ovens are great for utility and convenience.
- An island range with bar stools promotes an inviting, social atmosphere.
- Two-bath homes, plus a master bathroom, are optimal.
- Many home buyers see high-end items like whirlpools, Jacuzzis, steam and jet showers, double shower heads and hand-held sprayers as essentials.
- Large storage cabinets, freestanding or built-in, are great.
- Avoid all-white bathrooms—splashes of color reduce the sterile feeling.
- Bigger is better. Tiny bathrooms are out.
Hardwood flooring increases resale value, so keep hardwood floors in top shape by refinishing them. As an alternative, laminate flooring is typically cheaper than hardwood and a nice upgrade from carpet.
Try to install ceiling fans that make use of a remote control. This will allow you to change speeds without getting up.
High-End Home Amenities
- Specialty rooms like media rooms, wine cellars, workout rooms and children’s playrooms can boost resale value and personalize a home.
- Outdoor fireplaces, patio heaters, electronic insect control devices, decks and fountains are popular.
- Outdoor kitchens can boost resale value.
- If you live in a hot climate, an in-ground swimming pool can increase your home’s value. However, buyers in more more seasonal climates may see pools as an inconvenience. Ask a realtor to see whether pools are popular in your area.
Additional Research Tips
- Attend home improvement shows.
- Consult with home designers, building contractors and handymen. Ask a realtor for trusted references.
Read original article by Ken Donofrio for realtor.com here.
IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO MOVE TO OR SELL YOUR PROPERTY IN THIS GREAT CITY, CONTACT THE BARACH GROUP TODAY!!
FOR MORE NEWS ABOUT REAL ESTATE OR FUN INFORMATION ON RESTAURANTS/BARS IN THE CITY, CHECK OUT OUR NEWS PAGE!
TO GET A CLOSER LOOK INTO ALL THE GREAT AREAS OF THE CITY, VISIT OUR NEIGHBORHOODS PAGE!
THE BARACH GROUP IS HERE TO HELP YOU FIND THE HOME OF YOUR DREAMS! FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR AGENTS, MEET OUR TEAM!
The Barach Group
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Fox and Roach Realtors
530 Walnut St, Suite 480
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Office: (215) 627-6005
Direct: (215) 521-1527
Mobile: (267) 254-0633
Fax: (215) 627-3142
The Barach Group was founded by Jonathan Barach and Christine Bonanno in 2011. In the few years our team has been established, it ranks highly among the elite realtors at Berkshire Hathaway, Fox & Roach Realtors grossing over 15 million dollars in sales.
Join Us On Facebook
Join us on Facebook and get our latest real estate news